I Love to See the Temple!

I Love to See the Temple!
Of all the places the Gadd Family goes, the temple is the most important. Click on the picture to read one woman's feelings about the temple. Her testimony expresses perfectly the way our own family feels about the temple. We are excited to have one of God's holy houses so close to our own!

November 1, 2008

I'm Such a Pilot's Wife!

I never thought in a million years I'd be an Air Force wife, and what's more I never would have thought I'd like it!
We live on a training base for Air Force pilots. Once a year they have a career day for the student pilots. They bring in as many Air Force planes as they can and let you walk through them, or look into them, whatever the case may be, and the pilots answer any questions you may have.
I felt like such a loser pilot wife because I was so excited to see all the planes and get pictures. I am amazed that I have been sucked into this world of aviation and I actually find it interesting. I've become one of those wives whose husband's life has become her life. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, right?
Anyway, I am just amazed at my genuine interest and excitement over the world of aviation and grateful for the opportunity to learn and experience things I never thought I would. Who knew I would ever find myself explaining to a new student pilot what winglets are!


This is the T-38.
This is the plane Kevin is currently flying. The T-38 is a fighter/bomber training plane.

Mags and Cora were so excited to see the T-38 up close. Aren't they adorable!?

The F-16
F-16 is Kevin's second choice of assignment out of pilot training. His number one choice is the
B-2 Bomber


F-16 engine. I love the way the fighters and bombers look from the backside.
F-15D
B-1 Bomber
(front)
(back)
C-17 Globemaster
Aah the C-17. If it's possible to have sentimental feelings about an aircraft, then this is it for me. Kevin logged about 1500 hours as a loadmaster on the C-17 and I logged about 2 during a spouses flight. I take pride in the fact that on the spouse flight we flew with the back open which was something Kevin never got to do since he wasn't airdrop qualified.
P.S. Those little tips on the end of the wings are called winglets.
The girls on the ramp of the C-17.
Okay, so this doesn't have much plane in it, but the girls were cracking me up living it up inside this posh jet. It is the PC-12. .
PC-12
This is a special operations plane. Kevin will never be able to fly it. You can't weigh over 185 lbs.
KC-135
refueler/cargo carrier
C-130




















6 comments:

meagan said...

You're a much better pilot's wife than me, we didn't take nearly as many pictures. Your girls were very cute on Halloween and the Sepia pics in the cotton bin are darling!

Amanda XOX said...

When are you guys coming to Vegas to fly with the Thunderbirds??? I'd love that! And your girls are so big that they make me envious that they're not in diapers like mine!!! But little Cooper will be here soon enough so you can join that wonderful world again =o) Congrats!!

my blog---> amanda.coxfam.org

Mrs. Wright said...

Hi Molly! I found your blog off of Emily's - I hope you don't mind! =0) I'm so happy that you're doing so well. Your Dad misses you so much! I don't think a week goes by where I don't hear something about you and how much he misses you! You surely are loved! Keep in touch!

Mrs. Wright said...

Oh,...and I didn't know you were expecting! That is sooooo cool! Me too! It looks like you'll have your little guy a couple months before us. That is so AWESOME!

Adam and Shalisa said...

We love your blog...Thanks for the e-mail with your address. The girls are getting so big and they are very cute. Just click on our name/link and you can get to our blog. Congratulations on the baby that is very exciting!

Phyllis said...

I love the pictures! I never thought you would be a baseball lovin', fighter plane info-spoutin', nomadic Air-Force wife. You never cease to amaze me, Molls! (In a good way, usually...)