I Love to See the Temple!

I Love to See the Temple!
Of all the places the Gadd Family goes, the temple is the most important. Click on the picture to read one woman's feelings about the temple. Her testimony expresses perfectly the way our own family feels about the temple. We are excited to have one of God's holy houses so close to our own!

February 17, 2010

Skiing!!!!!

I don't think I can convey the excitement that goes along with this post. I love to ski, and that love is enhanced by the fact that I only get to go skiing every few years.

Kevin gave me the biggest surprise on Christmas morning...new skis, boots and poles! Kevin had me so convinced he wasn't getting me anything for Christmas, (which didn't make me happy), that I kept asking my parents, "Did you do this? Tell me the truth? Who are these from?" It didn't even cross my mind that they could be from Kevin. When he finally fessed up I couldn't believe it! What a sweetie. His surprises are few and far between but they are always over the top and perfect!


So I had to break in my new skis, and luckily I had some of my favorite people to come with me. We went to Sundance, of course, on New Year's Eve. It was phenomenal! We went straight to the summit, and the powder was awesome! It was almost the perfect day. The only thing that would have made it better was to have Kevin there. After being scarred for life by his best friend Gus, who took him up triple chair and left at the top of the mountain to figure out how to get down, he vowed never to ski again. He has finally let me teach him how to ski, and we already have a trip planned next winter to Colorado. Yay!!!!
Dad, me Emily, and Rick

These is my new favorite photo. There's nothing better then spending time with my Dad on the slopes.
One of the best things about skiing is being in the mountains. Seeing the beauty of God's creations makes riding the lift just as enjoyable as skiing down the mountain.
I love to stop part way down and just look in all directions.

1 comment:

Christy said...

How fun! I didn't know this about you. I guess snow skiing doesn't come up much in MS.